The Complete Make-up Buying Guide
Makeup products are becoming more popular amongst millennials in Kenya. They are cosmetics or products that are applied on the face or lips to accentuate or enhance the features of the face. As a woman, it is necessary to have a makeup bag or kit with cosmetics in it. For those days when you want to look a little more glamorous, the right makeup products can get you the exact look you want. There are so many do’s and don’ts of makeup, and some of the important things to note are listed below.
- Never sleep off with makeup on the face. This could cause you to have an acne or whitehead breakout.
- Make sure to buy the shade of makeup that suits your face. This ensures that your makeup blends with your skin tone when you apply it, giving it a natural look.
- Go easy on the application. Most people tend to not see the effect the makeup is having on their face when applying it and tend to go overboard, thinking that they applied too little before. Apply just a little; it will be seen.
- Clean your brushes once in a while. Makeup brushes have a residue of your makeup on them and if you don’t clean them out sometimes, you might start to have skin reactions to them.
- Get a makeup bag! This is very important. You do not want to leave your makeup lying all over the place, to avoid breaking, losing them or having them stain everywhere.
Quality Make-up Online in Kenya
There is an endless list of makeup products, all of which bring their own unique effect to the look you are trying to obtain. While some of these products might not be needed for an everyday look, you should still consider buying them for those days you just want to dazzle. Some of the basic makeup products you need are:
- Powder: Powder comes in two forms; compact and loose. It is used for setting the face after makeup application, to give it a flawless finish and reduce shine.
- Foundation: Like the name suggests, the foundation gives the face a smooth and even surface to apply makeup on. It should be applied first.
- Illuminators: are used to highlight areas so that when the light hits the area, your face gains a natural glow.
- Concealer: This is used to hide blemishes and dark spots on the face.
- Eye pencil: This is used for defining and accentuating the eyebrows.
- Eyeliner: This is used for accentuating the eyes for a more dramatic effect. They make the eyes appear bigger and bolder.
- Lipstick/Lipgloss: These are applied to the lips to make the lips more beautiful. Lip gloss gives a shine.
- Eye shadow palette: This is your go-to product for when you want to add more color to the eyes and face as a result. Eyeshadow comes in different colors and shades and can alter a whole makeup look completely.
- Mascara: Mascara is used to defining the eyelashes and make them more striking.
Other makeup products include face primer, bronzer, blush, highlighter, setting powder and makeup wipes. Makeup comes out much better when applied with the right tools and brushes. See a more detailed guide on the makeup brushes and their uses here.
Buy your Cosmetics from Top Makeup Brands at Low Prices
On Jumia, you will find the biggest brands in make-up - Maybelline, Sleek, Mary Kay - to shop from at amazing prices. Check out lipsticks from LA Colors, contour cream from L.A Girl, Matte foundation from Mary Kay, Lashes from Chelsea Beautique and so much more. Fill up your makeup bag with original products that will give you a perfectly natural look, and last all day long. You can order your makeup items in a few clicks and have it delivered to you anywhere you want.